Nuffnang ads

Monday, May 28, 2012

Keratin Treatment by Philippe Salon

I recently purchased a Keratin Treatment via Metrodeal. Been wanting to try this since I heard it will do wonders to your hair especially for dull and lifeless ones (me present! hihi). But it was soooo expensive as it normally costs P10k-P14k depending on your hair length. Good thing Philippe Salon of Sofitel teamed up with Metrodeal to offer this treatment at 75% off! The package includes a haircut, blow dry and a back massage - all for P2,999! GREAT!

I called up the nice receptionist to book a schedule for my treatment at least two weeks prior. On the day of my appointment, traffic was so bad and I was late for almost 40mins! I called again to inform them my situation and apologize and the receptionist was kind enough to tell me I have nothing to worry about.

Philippe Tordjman Le Salon is located at the ground floor of Sofitel, inside the CCP Complex . When we arrived, the salon is so classy and the atmosphere is relaxing. You will indeed feel that you're in a luxury salon/spa. I head straight to the receptionist and she asked me for my voucher and valid ID. After that, she accompanied me to the station and politely requested to wait for the stylist.

After several minutes, a junior stylist arrived and explained that Keratin Treatment will not make your hair super straight like rebonding. It still has volume but will leave your hair soft and shiny. And that's just what I needed.

First, they will shampoo your hair. I didn't expect much but was surprised that it comes with a head massage! It was so relaxing and I love it.

Then, the haircut. I asked her what would she recommend for someone with natural wavy hair. She suggested to retain the layered haircut to define the waves (although it won't matter after the treatment because my hair will become straight). So I obliged. By the way, they will also ask if you like something to drink (water or iced tea) which is a great plus if you ask me.

After that, the application of Keratin Complex. The brand they used is Coppola. It is a formaldehyde-free protein complex that is said to eliminate frizz and adds shines to your tresses. It doesn't burn the skin but man, it burns your eyes! I almost cried so I just closed my eyes most of the time during the application. I can also see that the stylist and her assistant squinting, poor them.

Next, they covered my hair with cellophane and left it there for 30mins. But while waiting, you will be indulged with a back massage to soothe and relax your muscles. In all fairness, their back massage is better than those given by legitimate therapists because the pressure is just right. Not too soft and not too painful either.

Finally, they will blow dry your hair. The stylist mentioned the effect of the whole treatment will last for 4 months but that would still depend on how you maintain your hair. She recommended not to use regular shampoos with sulfate but instead use a shampoo and conditioner with keratin complex as well. You can also buy these at the salon for P995 each.

My hair indeed became soft and straight but not too straight which is perfect. I rarely let my hair down because it's "buhaghag" but now I can :) (I'll try to post pictures soon). I've yet to see it's long term effect but so far, I'm a very satisfied customer. I hope they will have another deal like this in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment