Nuffnang ads

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My First IMAX Experience

I've always been curious on the difference of watching a movie thru IMAX but I guess its high ticket price stops me from trying as I'm not sure if it's gonna be worth it. But just recently, my husband and I wanted to try something different on our movie night and so we head over to SM Mall of Asia and purchased two IMAX tickets with our eyes closed  - a single ticket costs P450 each! OUCH! Good thing the movie is The Dark Knight Rises.We have high hopes for this last Batman offering and to watch it in IMAX format just increases the pressure.

If you're planning to try IMAX, make sure to choose the farthest center seat since the screen is HUGE. It takes a few minutes to get used to that big screen. The moment the movie started, I already felt the difference of IMAX from a regular theater. I felt like I'm part of the movie and the size of the screen contributes a lot to it. The surround system is better too. But what I like the most are the aerial shots. I felt like I'm flying or that I'm in a helicopter overlooking Gotham, really cool.

Too bad the movie is just in 2D because I think the experience would be way better had it been in 3D format.

So, is watching in IMAX worth the P450 you're gonna shell out? For this one time, yes. Will I watch another IMAX movie again? Maybe one last time, just to try the 3D format. But it's not practical to watch here regularly. My P450 will already include food and drinks if I watch in a regular cinema.


No comments:

Post a Comment